compensation: Rate of pay is between $25 and $40 per hour of service (including travel) depending on experience.
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you a freelance Computer Technician looking to increase your service hours in the Barrie and Simcoe Region?
If you are looking for full-time work, this position is not right for you.
If your existing client base keeps you busy throughout the work day, this position is not right for you.
Our company is looking for a freelance Computer Technician who is available during the day and who has as much passion for Technology as we do. That person should be a self-employed individual who is to perform basic or advanced IT support services to our group of small business and residential clients in the Barrie & Simcoe Region, requiring travel to and from job sites, remote support and teamwork.
Rate of pay is between $25 and $40 per hour of service (including travel) depending on experience.
The details of the position are as follows:
• You are self-employed within the field of IT Services
• Be on call to provide same day and next day service level
• Available to provide 5 to 10 hours of service per week or be available for projects
• Have a car and are willing to travel across Barrie and the surrounding Simcoe Region
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
• Minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience within computer services /IT services
• Punctuality, manners, common sense and dressed professionally
Within the last 2 years you have experience with:
• Email systems and clients (IMAP, Exchange, Outlook, iMail)
• Various productivity applications (Office365, GSuite)
• Windows systems from XP through Windows10
• Setup & Support Home or Business networks (ie. Internet, routers, wireless, printing)
• Setup & Support Servers
• Troubleshooting personal computers
• Troubleshoot common computer issues relating to Email, MS Office/Office365, Windows and Networks
• Perform maintenance relating to the above items Email, MS Office/Office365, Windows and Networks
• Address miscellaneous IT issues at a home or business and be willing to learn
• Document issues and resolutions for tracking and technical knowledge base
• Work within a given deadline and in emergency situations
• Report to and work with project manager
Not required but considered and Asset:
• CCNA Certification, Any Microsoft Certifications, Any Certifications
• Knowledge or experience of MAC systems and applications (Mail, iCal, Safari)
• Knowledge or experience with portable and mobile device (Apple, Android)
• Knowledge or experience A+, Network+, Security+ (Break/fix systems and networks)
• Knowledge or experience in providing computer services to small businesses
Please reply with your resume attached in PDF format and a cover letter along with where and when to contact you in the body of the email.
The successful applicant will know their way around a personal computer and be compensated based on their experience. Those who do well over time will be considered for increased service hours and other opportunities within 1CS.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers