Camp Counsellors March Break / Summer - Personal Support Workers (Stouffville)
job title:Camp Counsellors March Break / Summer - Personal S
QR Code Link to This Post
Camp Counsellors March Break / Summer - Personal Support Workers
Front Line Health Care offers support to agencies, organizations and institutions that work with children, adolescents, adults and seniors who are experiencing behavioural, social, emotional and psychiatric difficulties.
We provide a professional and individualized approach to a Client-Centered Support system, reinforcing safety of the individual while contributing to specific client needs in their environment.
At Front Line Health Care we offer a smarter way to staff selection. Our clients rely on us to provide qualified, reliable and caring professionals to implement a high level of service to clients and patients that require unique care.
Is a recognized leader offering a full range of personalized supports and services to people with an intellectual disability and their families. We set the benchmark for excellence, innovation and accountability in the developmental services sector. Our vision for society is one where everyone belongs and we help each other reach for our dreams.
Provides a residential camping program for people with an intellectual disability. Our guests are as young as 7 years and there is no upper age limit.
Looking for a job During March Break? Want a challenge and an experience that will last a lifetime? Look no further, may be exactly what you're looking for.
Position: Camp Counsellor
Days and Overnight Awake Shifts
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
Pay Rate: $18/hr
Counsellors report directly to the Counselling Coordinator. They are responsible for the direct care of the guests. They assist the guests with all activities at camp and follow daily routines while camp to ensure campers have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Ensure that all day to day necessities are taken care of for the guests
- Assist guests with all hygiene care (showering, toileting, shaving, etc.) as needed
- Ensure all dietary and healthcare needs are met
- Document and communicate any incidents
- Prepare communications that are sent home with guests (guest reports)
- Create and implement recreational activities and adapt them to guests needs
- Use positive behavior management strategies to de-escalate any situation
- Communicate with co-counsellors and all staff about guest’s needs
- Adhere and contribute to all staff meetings
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures
- 1+ years experience working with individuals with special needs
- 1+ years experience in a recreational setting running or participating in recreational activities
- Post-secondary education in developmental services field or similar, an asset
- First Aid/CPR and AED Certification
- Dependable, reliable and responsible
- High energy
- Compassionate and caring
- Works well in a team
- Adaptable and quick thinking
For staff to know:
- We are requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated against Covid19 (including 3rd booster vaccine)
- Food will be provided
- Staff may sleep at the camp if needed
- We would be completing a RAT at the time of arrival for all staff and campers.
At Front Line Work Force Inc., we offer Competitive Pay, Weekly Pays, Weekly Paid Vacation Pay, Direct Deposit & Benefits are available . If you are interested in any of the above position, please contact us at show contact info
or bring in your resume, Photo ID & SIN card at time of application. We will be accepting applications Monday to Friday between 9am-3pm.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.