Our remote "boat access only" summer camp requires a team of hard working, flexible "transpo" team members to help us keep our 300 campers safe and having fun at camp!
QR Code Link to This Post
This team works hard to keep our camp up and running and covers everything from transporting people and their belongings into camp, food into camp, garbage out and general maintenance and cleanliness of our site.
Its hard to summarize what a summer at Camp looks like for our transpo team as each day can be completely new and different, but we have done our best to summarize the daily duties and what a typical week might look like.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- driving boats- this includes transporting people as well as all things in and out of camp (food, garbage, mail, laundry bags, supplies, etc)
- garbage runs- nightly collection of garbage from around camp and the kitchen and transporting it across the lake
- driving the tractor- transporting supplies around camp, including splitting and moving firewood to campfire pits around camp
- maintain a safe and organized boat house - ensure boats are clean, contain all necessary safety equipment, and ready for use
- various maintenance task around camp - including, but not limited to, cutting grass, pruning, raking, painting, small repairs, cleaning, etc
- cleaning – maintaining a clean dining hall is imperative for a healthy camp. Our maintenance team is responsible for cleaning up the dining hall after each meal
check out www.tamakwa.com for more info, and if you are interested apply online!