compensation: Up to $50/hour depending on experience employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you a freelance Computer Technician/IT Consultant looking to increase your service hours?
If you are looking for full-time work, this position is not right for you.
If your existing client base keeps you busy throughout the work day, this position is not right for you.
Our company is looking for a freelance Computer Technician/IT Consultant who has as much passion for Technology as we do and who is available during the day to provide IT Support in and around Barrie. We are looking for a self-employed individual to perform basic and intermediate computer services to our group of small business and residential clients, requiring travel to and from job sites, remote support and teamwork.
Rate of pay is between $40 and $50 per hour of service depending on experience
The details of the position are as follows:
• You are self-employed within the field of computer services/IT
• Be on call to provide same day and next day service level
• Perform 5 to 10 hours of service per week during the day, according to your availablity
• Have a car and are willing to travel across Toronto
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience within IT
• Punctuality, manners, common sense and dressed professionally
Within the last 2 years you have experience with:
• Email systems and clients (IMAP, Exchange, Outlook, iMail)
• Various productivity applications (Office365, GSuite)
• Windows systems from XP through Windows10
• Home or Business networks (ie. Internet, routers, wireless, printing)
• Troubleshooting personal computers
• Troubleshoot issues relating to Workstations, Servers and Network Hardware or setup these devices
• Support for Email, M365/GSuite, Windows, Networks, Printers, Virus/malware, Data Backup & Recovery
• Address miscellaneous IT issues onsite or via remote control
• Document issues and resolutions for tracking in ticket
• Work within a given deadline and in emergency situations
• Report to and work with support desk/project manager
Not required but considered and Asset:
• CCNA Certification, Any Microsoft Certifications, Any Certifications
• Knowledge or experience of MAC systems and applications (Mail, iCal, Safari)
• Knowledge or experience with portable and mobile device (Apple, Android)
• Knowledge or experience A+, Network+, Security+ (Break/fix systems and networks)
• Knowledge or experience in providing computer services to small businesses
Our website: https://www.1computerservices.com/
The address on this posting is not where work is performed, work is performed at client locations across Barrie.
Please reply with your resume attached in PDF format and a cover letter along with where and when to contact you in the body of the email.
The successful applicant will know their way around information technology and be compensated based on their experience. Those who do well over time will be considered for increased service hours and other opportunities within 1CS.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers